|Welcome to the Gaming Room!In an effort to keep your Gaming Room experience both fun and safe, attendees are expected to follow these rules while in the Gaming Room:|
- We ask that you treat the staff, volunteers, and attendees with the same kindness and respect as you would want for yourself.
- Badges must be clearly visible at all times.
- Modifying the Settings of a Game or Gaming Console is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we won’t be responsible for any lost items in the game room, so please be cautious of your belongings. If you think your items are lost, please contact us or lost and found about it.
- We may be giving announcements using a PA system. Please pay attention to the announcements.
- DO NOT enter the staff-only restricted area under any circumstances!
- Please treat the Gaming Room equipment with respect. Please refrain from stealing, throwing or removing the controllers, touching the consoles (including turning them on or off) or memory cards, slapping the TV’s, etc.
- Lines must be formed to keep the order of who goes next in check. Make sure you know your spot.
- No photography/recordings in the Gaming Room.
- No food or drinks allowed.
- No Profanity. This is a family-oriented con.
- Physical harassment (i.e. fighting, wrestling, surprise glomping) will not be tolerated!
- The Gaming Room has a limited capacity. As a result, we sometimes may need to ask some of the attendees to leave the room, or prevent attendees from entering the room until more space is available. We apologize if this becomes an issue, but we are trying to provide a safe and comfortable room for everyone.
- When closing the Gaming Room, everyone will be asked to leave. We know you may want to play all night, but there’s always the next day or the next show. Plan your schedule accordingly.
SPECIFIC GAMES AND EQUIPMENT
- Music Games: One song per person.
- Versus-based games (Shooting and fighting games): Winner may stay for next match; loser(s) must relinquish their spot(s).
- Personal Equipment: If you plan to use your own equipment such as arcade fighting sticks, please let us know immediately after bringing it to the Game Room so that we can record your information. Failure to do so and we will have no way to know who the equipment belongs to. We are not responsible for personal equipment that is broken during use in the Gaming Room. When you are done using your personal equipment in the Gaming Room, please let us know, so we can verify that it has left in your possession.
- Small Gaming Equipment (Wii Remotes, Taiko Drum Sticks, Rock Band Drum Sticks): Due to previous thefts of these items from the Gaming Room, attendees are required to temporarily give the room staff their wallet or picture ID as collateral for use of these items. Return the equipment when you’re finished playing, and your possessions will be returned.
- Wii Station: A selection of games will be listed soon. Those who want to play the Wii may choose from the selected games. If multiple players want to join in, please be courteous on what everyone is comfortable playing. Super Smash Bros Brawl will NOT be a choice as there are multiple Brawl-only stations that accommodate it. A staff member will set up the games for you.
- Specific game stations may be swapped at certain times due to tournaments, game rotation, requested game switch, etc.
While we want you guys to have a great experience with the con, please note that violating the rules could result in the following consequences:
- Warning. People make mistakes sometimes, or are not fully aware of the rules. We will be glad to clarify things to you.
- Removal from the Gaming Room. This occurs if multiple warnings have been ignored, or if verbal abuse of other attendees or staff is occurring. You may be allowed back in later, if the offending behavior/situation is resolved.
- Removal from the convention, and possible badge removal without refund. This occurs if violations are taken to the extreme or if multiple warnings and removal from the Gaming Room don’t end the bad behavior. Any physical fighting and equipment tampering will immediately result in this consequence, without verbal warning or refund.
- $$FINES$$ Damaged equipment costs money to replace. We don’t want to see this happen, but if you break it, you buy it.
If you have any questions regarding rules of the Gaming Room, feel free to contact any of the staff members. There is no such thing as a bad question.
There’s a help desk inside the Game Room. If you have any problems with a game, system, controller, or would like to change a game, please notify the Gaming Room staff.
If someone is bothering/harassing you, or violating the Gaming Room rules, please notify the room staff immediately. If there’s a dispute between you and a staffer, please look for the second-in-command or the head of the Game Room so that it can be resolved in a professional manner.
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve your Gaming Room experience, we would love to listen to you!
Thanks, and happy gaming!
-The Gaming Room Staff