As the Owner/Convention Director of SacAnime, I want to personally thank you for wanting to volunteer for our show. My goal is for you to have a great experience and to leave with the knowledge that you have been a great benefit to SacAnime. Volunteering is excellent work experience and key in getting your foot into the door of becoming a staff member. Please look over the Volunteer Rules and Policies to make sure you fully understand what will be expected of you.
- If you volunteer for a total of 4 + hours during the show, you will receive a FREE SacAnime T-Shirt.
- If you volunteer for a total of 8 + hours during the show, you will receive a FREE SacAnime T-Shirt and $20 refunded from the price of your Registration.
- If you volunteer for a total of 12 + hours during the show, you will receive a FREE SacAnime T-Shirt and $30 refunded from the price of your Registration.
- If you volunteer on each day of the convention for a total of 16+ hours, you will receive a FREE SacAnime T-Shirt, $35 refund from the price of your registration. You will also have earned a VIP upgrade towards a weekend badge purchase for the next scheduled SacAnime convention.
Are you a high school student looking for community service / service learning hours for graduation? The following is a list of requirements to volunteer for SacAnime as a student.
- You must be a high school student.
- You cannot be a registered attendee of SacAnime.
- You must be able to provide a minimum of 8 hours.
- You will need to provide documentation from your school such as community service card for sign-off.
- You will receive the benefit of your hours being signed off upon completion.
If you decide that you would like to join us on this adventure, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form below. You will also need to print out and sign the Volunteer Liability Agreement, and bring it with you to the convention. Student volunteers will need to fill out, print and sign the Student Volunteering Liability Agreement and bring it with you along with your school documentation to the convention.
You will be contacted with your Volunteer Schedule shortly before the show.
If you have questions about volunteering, you may contact our Volunteer Director for more information.
Director of Volunteers
- Liability Forms are required prior to starting any volunteer hours. If you are unable to present the form, you will not be able to volunteer until the form is provided.
- You must be able to provide a minimum of 4 hours of service (8 hours for student volunteers). Flexible scheduling is available, but is reviewed on a case-by-case basis only. Volunteering for more than 12 hours or assisting during on-call may be provided with perks once shifts are completed! If you are planning to enter into any Console Game Competitions or the Cosplay Masquerade, please plan accordingly.
- You must be at least 16 in order to volunteer for the show.
- You must be a registered and paid attendee. Benefits will not provided until all hours agreed upon are completed. Students must provide proof of High School such as a student body card.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk for long periods, and lift up to 25 lbs if needed.
- You will be representing SacAnime, and are expected to behave in a mature, and respectful manner when assisting attendees.
- Your Volunteer Badge must be present at all times and returned at the end of each shift. There will be absolutely no tolerance for swapping badges. If you need to enter a staff restricted only area, please check with the Volunteer Director before doing so.
- We do that ask that if you volunteer, that you must be open to work in areas/departments as they become available. If for any reason you need to leave, please contact the Volunteer Director prior to doing so.
- Cosplay is permitted as long as the costume fits within SacAnime’s policies and does not limit your ability to perform your duties. If your costume can be easily damaged and/or is very valuable, it is not recommended that you wear it during volunteer hours.
- If you plan to shop in the dealers room, please do so before or after you check-in to volunteer, otherwise you will asked to please leave your items in your hotel room, car, or with a friend. SacAnime is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Rules are subject to change without notification
Failure to comply with rules may result in removal of volunteer and refund will not be provided.