- All outfits worn must be inspired by Asian fashion or culture, and fall under these categories:
- Visual Kei
- Fairy Kei
- Dolly Kei
- Traditional or Ceremonial
- All models must be registered attendees of the convention for at least Friday.
- Outfits must conform to convention guidelines, including the weapons policy.
- No nudity or overly skimpy outfits.
- No cosplay costumes! This event is specifically for non-costume clothing, so please save your cosplay for the masquerade.
- You do not have to design/make your own outfit. If you wish to model an outfit purchased from a Japanese shop like Doki Doki or Angelic Pretty, that is allowed.
- Original designs are ok, as long as they stick to the guidelines of Rule #1. For instance, if you wanted to make your own original lolita design, that would be fine.
- Due to time constraints, models may wear only one outfit on the runway. There will be no mid-show dressing room available.
- A designer may enter up to FOUR outfits. It will be the designer’s responsibility to coordinate with their model(s). SacAnime staff will not play mediator between designers and models.
If you are a licensed professional or cosmetology student, and would like to offer help with make-up or hair to our models, please contact the coordinator with the following information:
– Your Name
– Name of your School or Business
– Any photos of examples of previous styling work
Although this is a volunteer event, all stylists will receive a Friday Only badge as compensation. Stylists must be available two hours before the show to begin work with the models.